- Determining an academic path is a very important step in every student’s life and the ‘International Foundation Year’ programme will support and guide you in this decision. The course will help you design your own ‘educational plan’ in accordance with your future academic goals and interests, and we will help you achieve this through intensive lessons, practical seminars, academic advisors, career counsellors and suitably qualified tutors.
- The programme is a one year pre-university programme, which includes a significant amount of English Language training. The programme is designed to provide learners (who speak English as a second language) with an entry route into an overseas University level education system.
- If you want to prepare yourself for further academic study, increase your subject knowledge and get admission into an English-Speaking University, the ‘International Foundation Year’ programme offers you the perfect opportunity. We offer the highest quality of education at the most reasonable price.
|Name of the programme
||Deadline for applying
|Level 3 International Foundation Diploma for Higher Education Studies
Payment is made with Azerbaijani manat. (AZN)
Note: The same programme in the UK would cost between £15,000 – £25,000 British pounds.
This program is certified by the Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) and is recognized by top universities around the world.
This long awaited programme by students and parents, a pathway leading to an international university accessible to everyone, is now available in Azerbaijan!
As a result of a successful partnership with a UK awarding body and global provider of British education - NCC Education, GRBS is launching a new partnership direction by providing an access to an ‘International Foundation Year’ programme in Azerbaijan for the first time.
‘The International Foundation Year’ (IFY) is a one year pre-university qualification and is designed to ensure entry to universities in the UK, USA, Canada and Australia for a bachelor degree. IFY aims to improve your general and academic English language ability and enhance academic study in English in the fields of computing, business and engineering at a suitable level.
Who is eligible?
The 11th grade students and school graduates can pursue their studies with the International Foundation Year programme (IFY)
Requirements for entry onto the NCC Education IFY qualification:
- Certificate of successful completion of school (A candidate should be at least 16 years old)
- IELTS 4.5
Those who don’t have an IELTS score can take the free NCC Education Standard English Placement Test which is administered in our centre.
Note: Starting from September, we will be adding two new elective modules in Further Maths and Physics which provides more opening to prospective engineering graduates interested in Oil and Gas Engineering for example.
Advantages of the programme:
- By studying the International Foundation Year at GRBS students will receive a British qualification without leaving Azerbaijan.
- Cheaper course fees and living expenses, compared to studying the programme overseas.
- Whilst students are on the IFY programme they will apply to their preferred Universities, and receive their offers before the end of the IFY course.
- The IFY programme comes with no visa risks and requires no payments to overseas bank accounts.
- On completion of the IFY programme students should be prepared and ready to start their bachelor studies in a prestigious overseas university
- Getting an internationally recognized “ Foundation” diploma
- Ensuring an education plan that will prepare you further for other study abroad programmes
At the end of each semester, students take exams according to the subjects taught during that semester. Students should at least score 40% at exam for the pass mark.
Students who pass all eight modules successfully are granted an “İnternational Foundation Year” diploma by NCC Education.
NCC Education is an awarding body of British education and is accredited by Qualifications and Curriculum Authority (QCA) and regulated by Ofqual. (The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation).
NCC Education works in partnership with more than 100 leading universities around the world. NCC Education mainly aims to provide high quality education for those who don’t have an opportunity to live in the UK. NCC Education programmes are available in over 40 countries with more than 200 Accredited Partner Centres all over the world (More information on www.nccedu.com ).
You can register by one of the following ways:
- Online registration: http://britisheducation.grbs.com/en/education/online-application/
- E-mail: Send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students coming from regions of Azerbaijan are offered some houses for rent with affordable prices. Students are free to choose whether to live separately or with roommates. Houses are provided with necessary equipments (TV,Internet, phone, technical support, laundry etc)
- Foundation students are provided with free lunch and tea/coffee breaks during their classes.
Click here for brochures.